Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Because of You - Stampin' Up!

So I decided that since I slacked off yesterday (READ: did the laundry and all the housework I had been neglecting instead of stamping), I would try out the color challenge and get one of my new sets inky! I got this set because I love sets that you can color in, and because the sentiment in it is just too cute!!! The colors I ended up using because I do not have all the new colors yet *shock* were bashful blue (I know, my picture does not look quite like that -- camera messed it up), apricot appeal and cranberry crisp. I also added Old Olive in for the leaves and it worked with this particular color combination. In the card above, faux stitching was done on the cranberry crisp using the white gelly roll pen I have. The apricot appeal is stamped with linen background, tone on tone. I don't know how well you can see it, but I distressed the interior edges of the cranberry crisp square. Then I rolled them back a bit. The image was watercolored with a blender pen and the top of my ink pads. I just got the cranberry crisp ribbon yesterday, so I thought I would use it (not sure if it makes it too much stitching on this card though). The background is stamped tone on tone with the little flower stamp in the set. And, last but not least, the charm is a little thank-you one I got at Michael's in their wedding section for really cheap in a pack of like 20.

In the card on the right, the same colors were used. I changed the ribbon to some old olive thin organdy I had, and the eyelets are also old olive. It is hard to see the paper piercing around the edges of the image, but it is there. The little tag was made by using the new tag corner punch. I love that thing!!! I really like how both of these turned out. Maybe I am just nuts. Ally, a friend on SCS said she did not think these colors went together well, but I think I disagree. What do you think now Ally???

So, the power just went out and is still out. Thank goodness for back up battery. I need to go get dressed and ready and take the kids out so we don't die of sweltering heat -- it is AZ and it is now 3 pm . . . seriously!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Dorinda said...

Amanda they are both fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

These are really terrific cards and I read your blog once a day. Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

I love your cards :) The cranberry looks awesome with the blue, and your faux stitching is perfect! Wonderful creations, Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE That top card! WAY COOL!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I'm so glad that I found your blog--you have beautiful work and a well-designed blog!