Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bugs and Kisses Day

So, my poor "Bugs and Kisses" SU set was being treated cruelly. I got it right after the new catty came out and it has sat on my shelf waiting to be used and I have ignored it. So, I decided to play with it and see what I could come up with. My first inkspiration was to use the worm as gummy worms. I was looking at my bag of grosgrain scraps and the colors just kind of came to me. The colors used are tempting turquoise, regal rose, yo yo yellow, and green galore. The ribbon was done in the perfect bow method, only I used three colors. The black gingham was tied through the original loop. The yellow strips of grosgrain were to replace the paper strip in the original sketch challenge idea, and the black brads at the bottom were just to add interest. Also, stamped tone on tone in the background there are more worms. The only thing this card is missing is a little glitter. I think overstamping the worms with irridescent ice would complete the yummy gummy worms look. Maybe next time.

The second card I did used some chipboard that I picked up at Scrapbooks Etc. in Mesa. The ants going around the circle with "Cute as a Bug" in the middle could be cheeky though because who really likes ants at their picnic and thinks they are "cute." Oh well, I thought it turned out lovely. The chipboard was naked when I got it, so I painted it with a little white acrylic paint and let that dry and then stamped the linen background on it. Then I sponged the edges (at least 5 times, the paint/chipboard kept eating the color and it was going pink). Then stamped the ants on and added the ribbon. For the card, the linen background was stamped in real red on glossy white and then the ants were done in staz on black after the red had dried. The black brads were added to create balance. I think it turned out well and I think I really like this set. Okay, off to sleep, I will upload the creation I did today that everyone likes best in the morning.

No comments: