Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fall Swaps for my up and sidelines

My card turned out okay. I really struggled with it. The colors are summer sun, handsome hunter and pumpkin pie. Oh, and the sunflower itself is stamped on kraft rather than the traditional vanilla or white. The stamp set used here is a Stampin Up! one called "Give Thanks." It was new in this years catalog. The image is colored with water color pencils and a blender pen (yes, I am old school). There is a little bit of crystal effects and glitter on the seed center of the flower, although in hindsight, I think I would just do crystal effects next time. The piercing was an afterthought because it looked too plain to me. The ribbon idea came from the SU mini catty, and the brads were because I did not want to use staples. It is hard to see but the background is stamped tone on tone with Linen background from SU! I think it will do. I hope Marsha likes it. I guess I will know in about a week or so . . .

No comments: