Thursday, August 24, 2006

A good stamping day and a moment of weakness

So yesterday I decided to play with chipboard. I also completed the sketch challenge. I thought my results were just okay, but the feedback that I have gained from this card, is astounding. "They like me, they really like me."

The chipboard flower was created following a tutorial by Jenn Balcer on how to cover it. It was simple really. Then I just punched a small circle and a button with mellow moss ribbon just seemed the perfectly logical next step. The layout and the different paper layers came easily. The hardest part for me was figuring out where to put "friend" on the card. Oh, and deciding whether or not to add the primas on the side. They were totally an afterthought and did not quite match perfectly (I am so A.R.) so I could not decide. In the end, I added them, but only after sponging them with mellow moss ink. That way they blended in better. The whole card is done in confetti cream, cranberry crisp, and mellow mellow moss.

The moment of weakness occured this morning after my good stamping day. I decided that I wanted to place a hostess order for SU! even though I have already met my minimums for the quarter. I was trying to wait it out till next quarter, but that is over a month away and I decided that I just needed to get some new stuff before then. So, I did it. I don't really have remorse about it, but I will be really extra good on not buying other treats and such at the store in the next little while to counter balance it. DOH! I am so excited for the new stuff to come to me.

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

I really really love this card!!