Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Not computer saavy

Okay, so I am quickly learning how not computer saavy I have become and I am starting to understand somewhat of what my grandparents feel. I have been trying to work out some of the kinks on this site and get the pictures looking snazzy and such, and it is actually lots of work. I am also going to transition my blog to include more of my stamping work, since I can and because more people are having stamping blogs, so why not me?

Anyway, today I wanted to write a bit about the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo that I had the opportunity to attend on the weekend. It was held in Mesa, AZ and was a little smaller scale than I was first expecting, however, I had fun! I got two stamps from starvingartiststamps and got to do a make and take and see some cool demonstrations. A friend of mine suggested Saturday mommy time away from the family, and it is really working for me. From noon to three I got to play at the expo/Michael's/
Scrapbooks Etc. There were some demonstrators from Stampin' Up at the expo. I did their make and take for $1 and it was what inspired me to make this card. I really liked the pop up idea of it. I might have to make this the make and take at a fall stamp workshop.

The background stamp is from www.starvingartistamps.com and the blocks are just filled in with cardstock cut to fit. The eyeballs are just colored in with white gel pen and the white stitching on the black was an afterthought, but I think it works. I really like how this turned out. So you pull the two glued together sides and POP -- up comes the "Happy Boo to You" message! This card was sent to Jody (texasjodylynn) in our monthly swap!

No comments: