Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Butterscotch Color Wash

When I bought all the alcohol inks, I also picked up a bottle of "Butterscotch" color wash by Adirondak as well. I am still up in the air on how much I like the wash, but, I did play with it.

For this card I used glossy cardstock and spritzed the color wash on. Then I used my heat tool to spread it out more and create the color patterns you see. I then embossed the pumpkin in black on top. The background cardstock is summer sun, stamped with pumpkin pie ink using the linen background stamp. Then I stamped "Thank you very much" in basic black. I was trying to create a distressed look with my stamping, so I stamped it kind of crooked and also (although you cannot see it well here) stamped off on a piece of paper before stamping on the cardstock for shadows. I then sponged the edges and some surfaces. The ribbon was also sponged with pumpkin pie so that the white stitching appears more orange. I added some copper cord on the bow at the top and some black brads in the corners for interest. I think the washes give a totally different look than the alcohol inks and would be interested in trying some more of the washes in different colors and perhaps even more than one on a paper. Happy stampin'!!!

No comments: