Tuesday, September 05, 2006

COLOR CHALLENGE 78

I did color challenge 78. I think it turned out ugly, but as I have recently read, even some of the most awesome artists *ahem JulieHRR* turn out crud they don't like and have to redo things, so I decided to post my card anyway, and maybe you all will have some constructive criticism, or maybe you will like it and tell me I am insane. Either way, I decided that posting it would be wise.

The colors were cranberry crisp, old olive and vintage violet. First I stamped the flower from SU "All Through the Year" in cranberry crisp on whisper white. I decided it needed something more, so I stamped the SU "Cheesecloth" background over it. Then I decided it was still too boring, so I sponged old olive ink on reinforcement circles and then added them as a center to each of the flowers. By the time I got that done, I decided that it was too colored looking and needed some white to POP! So, I pierced holes in the center of each one and added a white brad. Then I added the vintage violet ribbon because 1) I had it and 2) I thought it might bring out the violet edging. The stitching around the edge was pretty basic, piercing and white gelly roll. Then I stamped the sentiment (Katie & Co. from Michael's) in vintage violet on the cranberry and decided I had too much room above it and that it looked all alone, so I added the faux stitching around it and then the squares of old olive and vintage violet for interest in between. I think basically it just got to be too much, too busy, too creative . . .so I think it is ugly.

No comments: