Thursday, September 21, 2006

In Memory of My Grandma

My grandma will be buried today. I am not there, but I did make a card to send to my grandpa the other day. I felt I needed to explain why I was not attending the funeral. I felt like I needed to thank him for all he did for my grandma, and I felt like I wanted to send my condolences.

I got the layout for this card from SCS, a most gorgeous card by Marge Sexton. The images were an I-RAK that I got a long time ago and had not put to good use so far. The roses are colored with cranberry crisp ink, lumiere, and then topped with crystal effects and a little dazzling diamonds, for a super glittery look. The background is stamped with French Script in cranberry and then the thyme cardstock is stamped with true thyme ink using the canvas background stamp. I used square brads on the hardware for a different look, and also used them on the corners as an accent. I hope my grandpa knows how much I will forever love and cherish the time I had with my grandma.

Oh, and for those of you who have not subscribed to my blog, there has never been a more perfect time to do it. I will be sending some prizes in the mail to subscriber #13 and subscriber #27 -- so subscribe and see if you will be the lucky winner of a handstamped gift!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to not be there. When I was 9 1/2 mos. pregnant, my sweet grandpa passed away. It was so hard to be so far away (Boise, ID for me, and Cardston,Alberta for my grandparents)and not be able to be there for the funeral.

My thoughts and prayers are with you on this very emotional day.

:0) Kamie