Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mixed Bouquet Kind of Day

Okay, I admit it! I am obsessed. I seriously just love the rose in SU Mixed Bouquet. I hardly use the other stamps in the set. It just looks awesome no matter what you do with it. You can color it in any colors. It is just such a "me" stamp. I cannot believe how much I use it. Some other stamps sets are starting to complain because they are feeling neglected *wink*

This morning I tackled the color challenge, and also the bonus on the sketch challengeand the ways to use it challenge from last Thursday, and this afternoon I will work on the actual sketch challenge.

For the color challenge I did not have any sahara sand, so I used some "khaki" cardstock that I had from Michael's which I thought looked similar (although perhaps a bit more green than the sahara sand). I stamped the rose and leaves in versamark and then chalked them using cotton swabs. It has been a long time since I have taken out those stampin pastels, but I really like how it looked when I was done. I had forgotten what a useful too they are. I stamped the perfect plum layer with SU Linen, and the khaki background layer with the argyle stamp combination from SU "All Around Argyle." I put white dots on it for accent with a white gelly roll pen. The brads and little ribbon tab were all just to make it look cooler -- did it work? I have been trying to include more accents into my work, to make them more detailed and interesting. I think that one turned out well. The layout idea came from one I found on Stampin Up! by Karen Evans.

For the bonus on the sketch challenge -- I made a thank you card using some images from an I-RAK from Dorinda. (Thanks!) I stamped the roses in brown to work with the brown thank you from riveting. Directions on how to make the donut card can be found here. It was really simple. The pink and always artichoke were sponged on over the brown. I like it, I like that it is so soft looking. I just had to add ribbon to the edge, and for balance I added some brads on the other side of the artichoke strip. I love stamping! It is just so therapeutic.

Oh, and for those of you who have not subscribed to my blog, there has never been a more perfect time to do it. I will be sending some prizes in the mail to subscriber #13 and subscriber #27 -- so subscribe and see if you will be the lucky winner of a handstamped gift!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful cards!! and you've had an amazing mail week :D wow!