Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas Accordian Memory Book

I got this idea from a cool album that I got from texasjodylynn. I decided to create my own similar item, using a winter/christmas theme, and then leave the pages inside blank to add christmas photos and journaling.

I used fun winter paper as the background and paired it with some almost amythest SU cardstock. The image is from SU "It's Snow Time" and is watercolored using a blender pen and the lid of the ink pad. I think I only watercolored using going grey and then only orange for the noses. I really like the soft look it has and since the background paper had grey dots - I thought it would work. In the sideview photo, you can see how a paper accordian was created. Off of each of those on the inside is a page in the book. I stamped "Be Merry" on the bottom of the front cover in going grey using the "Warm Words" set. I think it finished it off really well. All in all, I was pleased with the result of this and got lots of positive feedback on it.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!! This is just adorable!!! Love it Manda!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

This is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute......I would love to make one myself can you give directions? Glad you are posting again!

Kristin said...

This is just adorable Amanda!! I wanna start making some cute books like this!!

Dorinda said...

gorgeous!! you have been a busy lil mama

Aimee said...

I love this book anyway possible we can get instruction or even a tutorial on this...