Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What's For Dinner Wednesday - Pierogies Taco Casserole

We had this for dinner last Thursday and it was so delicious. M had seconds and ate until he was stuffed. So good!!! Even my kids ate it. Way less messy than tacos too since it is in a bowl.

Pierogies Taco Casserole


Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes

1 pkg. Mrs. T's Pierogies (I used potato and cheese mini pierogies)
Browned ground beef (I used ground turkey here)
1 jar salsa (My personal fave is Pace Mild Salsa)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Lettuce
Diced tomatoes
Sour cream

Create a casserole by layering frozen pierogies in a 9 x 13" pan with browned ground beef and 1 jar of salsa.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sour cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Printed to try because my son just loves perogies!

Unknown said...

Ok Amanda, What is perogies? I am just west of Luke so where do I buy them. Thanks-Lois

Leslie said...

ohhh sounds yummy!