Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CC102 - I'm Becoming a Challenge Stalker

This card was for CC102 - a color challenge on the splitcoaststampers website. I have become a little bit of a challenge stalker as they are totally inspiring and they push you to work outside your comfort zone.

Todays colors were real red, basic black, and gold, in honor of the Chinese new year. I decided right away that I did not want my card to be really "Asian" in its theme, but just use those colors. The stamps are from Mixed Bouquet by SU. I decided to try and use anything other than the rose in that set, since I ALWAYS seem to use that one. The leaves were stamped in Staz on black (yep, I cheated and did not use basic black because I like how solid staz on is.) After I stamped them, I stamped the "inner leaf part" with versamark and used gold embossing powder over the top. I then stuck the mailing label panels on the basic black cardstock and where it went over the edge, I folded in to the inside. Next, I punched holes and inserted the brads in the centers of the flowers. Then I punched the hole for the sentiment and tied ribbon, and my final touch was the stamp the sentiment on the inside of the card in basic black using my Karen Foster Snap Stamps. Really, it is a simple card, but kind of pretty. Thanks for visiting, hope you will come back again soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Way too cute!