Friday, February 16, 2007

Your Questions -- ANSWERED

Stamperosity said...

Beautiful Amanda. Tell me, are your butterflies stamped on top of your background, or are they embossed prior to doing your alcohol ink background? TIA
Lynn

Amanda said...

They are stamped and embossed on the already alcohol inked background. I like doing it this way because if you have a background turn out not the way you want with the inks, you can just save it for another project, and try again.

Anonymous said...

Amanda love both cards. Can you tell us what colors you used for the alcohol background on the first card? Makes me want to try faux stitching. Is there a trick to keeping it straight and uniform? Think I would be all over the place.

Amanda said...

I have been using Tim Holtz inks and you can buy them here. The two colors I used on these particular cards are "currant"from the collection called "Cottage Path" and "denim" from the collection called "Rustic Lodge."

I usually do my faux stitching with a ruler -- I take my white pen and draw a straight line using the ruler. Then I use a paper piercing guide, or just sometimes use my eye, and pierce along the line. Then I usually go over the stitches with my white gel pen. I find it helps to make them pop more.

No comments: