This recipe was inspired by me looking in a mirror and realizing that swimsuit season is not that far away and we actually have plans to make a couple trips to the beach in California this summer. SO, I need to lose some weight. I decided it could not hurt for me to detox a bit and so I decided to do the cabbage soup diet for one week, starting today, and ending next Wednesday. I will let you know how it goes. This particular recipe came from allrecipes.com, and is called:
Cabbage Fat Burning Soup
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped (I used preshredded cabbage from the grocery store)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained (I used frozen)
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 10 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (I used chicken broth as we don't eat beef)
- Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
It actually tastes pretty good and is pretty filling. I am excited to see if this actually will kick start my weight loss. Happy cooking! Oh, and use a large stock pot if you have one because this recipe makes lots of soup. M actually really likes it so it must be good!