Thursday, April 26, 2007

And Everything Nice

Sometimes I start stamping and I get in a rut -- like I feel like playing with the same set and using all of the stamps from it. Well yesterday, I pulled out "And Everything Nice" and I had this desire to make not just one -- but two cards. I made one using soft subtle colors and one using bold brights. The cards did not turn out amazingly spectacular, but they are at least nice enough to send to someone. I was really supposed to be working on my card swaps for So Cal Stamp Mania -- but I just felt unmotivated, so maybe tonight after everyone is in bed. We shall see.

The first card is watercolored in using my LuminArte twinkling H2O's. I really love them. It shimmers so much. The colors used were: Ballet Blue, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Basic Black and Whisper White. I made this card intending to use the Levi tag challenge (TLC113) -- but then I decided I wanted to use this longer sentiment and so I made it an EXTRA large Levi tab!

The second card I made uses colors in the soft subtle family. It is also colored in using the twinkling H2O's and the image was stamped in timber brown staz on to avoid the edges running. The colors I used on this one are tempting turquoise, sage shadow, pretty in pink, and whisper white. The layout was inkspired by this layout by reneejul1 who was the featured stamper this past Sunday. I really liked a lot of her work and plan to use some of her other awesome layouts on my cards in the near future. I used white mulberry paper over the turquoise to try to soften it a bit and I think it worked well. The paper piercing along the edge was done at the end to add interest because it just looked like it needed something there.

Off to begin preparations for SoCal Stamp Mania -- I am so behind . . . as usual - good thing I work well under pressure. I really hope the girls like the card I come up with . . . ooh, and my door prize.

10 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

A terrific-looking pair of cards! They are so well colored and layed out!

Anonymous said...

Vewy vewy nice cards Manda. I especially like the mulberry paper and the turquoise detail!!
Carolina

QuiltNut Creations said...

very cute. colors are great and springy

StampingontheLakefront said...

Beautiful Cards! I love how each is different and yet both have a subtleness to them. Thanks Amanda and Have a great weekend!

grace :)

Lois Michael said...

Love how you alternated the brads & ribbon. Polka dot ribbon looks great on both cards, nice job, cute cards.

Sharon said...

Manda! I love them! Soooo pretty!

bethtrue said...

hi Amanda - I might be behind the times here but have just noticed you changed your blog header and photo/etc. Lookin' good! I like it. Also - great cards - thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

beth (mommy to a busy 3 1/2 year old)

Dorinda said...

Wonderful! I have always liked what you do with this set...you always make it so nice and beautiful!

Alli said...

These are so pretty Manda, beautifully colored.

Lisa said...

Wow, you have been busy. Everything looks beautiful.