Friday, April 27, 2007

Fabulous Floral Fridays - Because of You

Happy Friday! Wasn't Greys awesome last night? I cannot wait till next weeks 2 hour dealio!!! WAY COOL! Mer and Der -- they just can't break up! Oh, and Alex and Addison -- um, hello, why was he such a jerk! I really, really, REALLY want them to hook up! Oh, and I cannot wait until Callie blows about George and Izzie. I really think that George belongs with Izzie, but isn't that how is goes sometimes -- you don't realize how deeply you care for your best friend until after you have made another commitment. I also watched October Road Season finale after. It was the most calm finale I have ever seen. Like, basically, I am NOT dying to see the next episode right away. I think that is a bad thing. I like that show though -- the characters are interesting, it just needs something more . . . . anyway, enough TV talk . . . on to the good stuff!

So guess where I am headed tomorrow -- yep, Southern California - Long Beach to be specific to go to Southern California Stamp Mania (put on by some awesome girls on the splitcoaststampers site. There are over 100 girls coming to the event. It makes me freak out. I am so excited. I am so not prepared. It is going to be so much fun. So, because I am still getting ready and such . . . I decided I would post one card for today's fabulous floral friday . . . because of the time crunch. Know that I wanted to post more though, I just LOVE this set!!! If you love coloring in images -- this one is totally for you! The patterned paper is by Sandylion Sticker Designs and is called Floral Crochet - Blue. I LOVE it. The eyelets I just happened to have in my collection. Ooh, and the brown behind the sentiment was stamped with canvas -- it was just a scrap I had leftover from another card and I just dropped it on there and it works! The flowers are watercolored in with more mustard, not quite navy, cranberry crisp and old olive. I also used some of my twinkling H2O's in matching colors over the top of those to set it off and make it sparkle. It looks pretty! Also, not sure if you can see it, but the main card is stamped tone on tone with the floral background stamp from this set. Gotta love SU's "Because of You."

The other thing I wanted to show you today, is what I have made for SoCal mania. I made three thank you containers of chocolate for Joy, Emily and Jami (these are just crystal light containers filled with nuggets wrapped in matching paper and then the outside decorated - I actually used Frys brand faker crystal light and the labels peeled off so easily it was like a dream -- plus, their drink tastes nummy too so I can drink a lot of it). I made my door prize -- a lunchbox tin filled with some small goodies. The goodies are stuff like a notepad that matches, a matchbox filled with prima flowers and brads, a cello bag with wrapped chocolates and a matching bag topper, some pens, etc. I found the random piece of eyelet in my big ribbon jar and thought that it would look cute on this tin and make it uber girly. I really hope they like them. It is nerve wracking to stamp knowing that such awesome stampers will be there checking out your stuff! Anyway, tell me what you think . . .

Okay, well, that is all for me . . . I am SoCal bound and won't be on again until I return with pictures and stories of the fun I had. I will be sure to report on Sunday how things went and post some pictures so that you can live vicariously though me! Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Oooh, and don't forget to link your creations to the comments under this post for your chance at winning a great prize. This week, I think I will send one of the crystal light containers like seen above full of embellishments and fun to the winner of the drawing -- all you have to do is link your creation to this post, and for each creation you enter using this stamp set -- I will enter you in the draw! Good luck and get stampin'!

8 comments:

Karen said...

These are great projects Amanda. I am sure everyone will just love them. Very cute stuff. Hope you have a great weekend! Say hi for me and tell Jenn(Balcer) I sent you to stalk her(private joke)

Sharon said...

Crud! I don't have that set. It'll be fun to see what everyone else does though. I just love your creations! And I love the tin. The polka dot ribbon just really gives it that something extra. Very pretty!

Debbie G said...

Beautiful projects Amanda! I hope you have a great weekend and come back with lots of new and exciting ideas to show us!!

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could go! Have tons of fun. Love your tin and the crystal light containers too. They will love them.
Lori Faeber

Dorinda said...

everything is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Well they have to leave us hangin' right? I predict that Mer and Der will break up (for the summer- LOL!) and I read in the paper this week that it's confirmed - Addison is getting her own spin-off so she'll be leaving next week too (I predict). LOVE this show. I just don't see Izzie and George together though. I wish Denny didn't die - they were perfect for each other and George is SO NOT Denny.

Shanismom said...

i love your creations especially the tin-that's really girly, very cute. The containers are very cute too.

Alli said...

Ooh fabulous floral fabulousness, these are all gorgeous. Your tin reminds me of the old-fashioned shelf liners in really cute kitchens, I love it.