Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Inkspired by Wannabe Handmade

I got a really cute card from my sister in law the other day, saying thank you for her baby gift. The card was by American Greetings and was just a little notecard but I just loved the card. It was cute and I thought I could totally duplicate it but using stamps. SO, early yesterday morning, I worked on two cards -- one using a floral set (Springtime Stems) and the other, an Easter theme, using an egg (Inkadinkado). I was totally happy with the results. Tell me what you think?


The first card is the one from my sister in law. The second one uses an egg stamp that I got from The Creative Quest -- it is by Inkadinkadoo! I really like it. The paper used on that card (stripes) is by American Crafts. The vanilla card uses the SU set Springtime Stems. The paper used on that one is EK Success - Inspirables - Simply Seasonal Collection. I just loved the way the SU colors really worked with both of these papers. I used stickles on both of my cards to mimic the glittery effect that had been done on the original notecard. All in all, I love how these turned out!

Oh, and if you have not visited in a couple days, scroll down to Saturday's post from the Rubber Stamp Spring Fling, lots of ideas and no comments on that one -- I think some people missed it somehow . . .

Only a couple more days to submit your entries in last weeks Fabulous Floral Fridays contest -- you don't want to be left out of the drawing -- so do your card and post it . . . easy peasy and you could win the kit!

5 comments:

JenMarie said...

Pretty! Love the one with Springtime Stems. Great colors!
(On the Rubber Stamp Spring Fling post, I'm not finding the "comments" to click on to leave a comment...........??)

SmilynStef said...

What great inspiration ... I love both of your creations. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Love those! I love that "patchwork" look - I've used it often in scrapbooking and it's just as nice in card-making. Thanks for sharing them!

Lisa said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! I love your AG card make-overs. You know...the most creative people in the world can get their inspirations in the time it takes for your optic nerve to stimulate your brain--Whoosh! less than an instant! I just love it when I SPY an image, color, texture that inspires me to create. Thanks for sharing what's in YOUR mind's eye! ljm
I got your link from dd in MI. I'm having a blast "meeting" all the bloggers out there! I'll check in again when I'm hungry for dinner.