Sunday, April 29, 2007

Southern California Stamp Mania 2007

4:20 AM -- Wake up, get showered and dressed, make sure I have my phone, IPOD, etc and all the stuff I need for my trip packed. Kiss my family goodbye while they sleep.

5:15 AM - Drive to gas station and fill up tank and get a 40 oz. cup of mountain dew.

5:30 AM - Leave Phoenix on the I-10

10:30 AM - Get on the 215 in California as per Mapquest directions. Drive about 30 miles and it becomes the 15 -- directions said it would become the 91W but apparently not. Backtracked back on the 15 until I came to 91W -- drove on that in mild traffic until I came to the right exits.

12:30 PM - Arrived at the site in Southern California.




2:20 PM - My Make and Take time -- here are Emily, Joy and Taylor showing girls how to use the bind it all. It is really cool. We used the bind it all to bind our rosters together -- it is the cutest book of addresses I have had in a long time *grins*









SoCal stamp mania was a blast. I got to meet a whole bunch of people that I had only previously known online and that was fantastic. Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I thought I would upload a bunch of pictures with brief captions and that should sum the event all up . . .





Here is Aubrey (Montigg), Me (Amanda_Sewell), Denier and Sencie -- I have talked online to these girls for a long time and Denier was my secret sister and I sent stuff to her over a year ago. It was fabulous to be able to meet them for real.










Here is your close up of me and Aubrey.















Here is me and the famous Jenn Balcer. We met originally through a Stampin Discuss board where I was looking for Bunco directions and she directed me to Splitcoast and the rest is history. It was great to be able to finally meet her in real life. She is just so sweet (even if she was tired).











Here is me and Lori (stamp_momma) -- I was lucky enough to sit at the same table with her. In fact, our table had all people from out of California. It was cool. Lori was the sweetest thing ever and I hope that we can meet and stamp together another time.












Here is Lynn -- she came from St. Louis to be at the event and she was totally fun! I am so glad I got to meet her. YAY for splitcoast friends!












Here is my other brush with SCS celebs -- Sharon H and I were sitting at the same table to start our swaps with. She is just so nice. I absolutely loved her swap. It was beautiful!












Me and Karen Rose (the other Canadian at the event). She came all the way from Manitoba to play and stamp! She was just too cute! But then again, what Canadians aren't??? *wink*












Here is me and Tandra (inkalicious) -- taking a self photo. Tandra was bunches of fun and I voted for her nametag cause it was awesome and had a ton of ribbon -- would have made Jody proud (thanks for sending this picture to me Tandra). This is what I look like after I have Taylor's Puppy Chow and am all sugared up *grins*














I didn't actually get to meet Beth (showmestamper) until at dinner at Frantone's but she was super fabulous and fun in person and I am so glad that I did. Hopefully next time I will get to hang out with her a bit more.













I made this card using Tim Holtz blending solution, my ink pads and an aqua brush pen to color the flowers and some twinkling H2O's to go over the top. Oh, and I used SU reinkers (vintage violet and lavendar lace) to get that great color for the background on glossy cardstock. I was so nervous about my swap -- Would it be good enough? Would people like it? Would it take too much time? I was really happy and excited when I saw that everyone did do it and my supplies were used nicely and nothing was ruined! YAY! Thank you all so much for showing so much care!!!




The door prizes were just amazing! WOW! Here's a peek:


9:00 PM -- Got in my car to drive home to Phoenix -- took the 605 straight up to the I-10 -- fairly traffic free

12:00 AM -- Stopped at McDonalds and bought a large Dr. Pepper -- was starting to feel tired

2:00 AM -- Pulled into my driveway. Went inside, and posted on splitcoast that I made it home so that all my SCSM mommies would not worry. Went to bed. I can't believe I was almost awake for 24 hours . . . YIKES! Talk about a long day!!!

Here is my DH modeling the prize I won at SCSM. I won a splitcoast hoodie and he thought it would be soft and comfortable inside and so he put it on and the drifted off to sleep. Happy stamping dreams . . .

8 comments:

Nicki said...

I am glad that you had so much fun!!! And your card is beautiful!!! I am jeaslous though at all the people you got to meet! Hugs!!

Kendra Hernandez said...

You got some great pics Amanda - looks like you all had a fabulous time! We had a blast as well at the SCS Arlington Shoebox Swap!

Liz said...

Your card is awesome, I loved your card, Glad you had fun, been checking your site to see your pictures and your cards. Love the sweater !!
my husband would die before wearing it!
liz UT

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing...glad you had fun!!!

Taylor said...

So much fun!! Thanks for sharing your pics, Amanda! Especially the one of your DH in the SCS sweatshirt! LOL!

Sharon said...

Glad you had such a great time Manda! :) I'm jealous you got to meet so many awesome people! And that pic of M in the sweatshirt is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love all your pictures and it's so nice to put a face with names. It looks like yall had a blast.

Jennifer Aviles said...

GREAT recap! Love the pics, even though I look a little baked, lol! It was great to meet you in person! HUGS & see you next year?