Tuesday, July 10, 2007

TLC 124 - Yipes STRIPES - New Order COMING TODAY

Today is the day! The new order from the new stampin' up! catalog full of new stamps and accessories arrives today. I am such a nerd, I called UPS to find out an ETA -- and they said 1:00 pm, so that gives me a couple hours to finish up the laundry and put it all away and get a shower in because after that -- I will be stamping the day away.

I find that when you lose your stamping mojo, the best way to get it back is to stamp, stamp, stamp. I did a lot of stamping in the past couple days and things are starting to be cute again. I am so thankful for the challenges on SCS because they have totally helped me to be inkspired again. Here are some of the cards from yesterday.

This first one is an alcohol inked background. The butterfly is by Rhonna Farrer (Autumn Leaves) and I watercolored it in and then put stickles and glittery gems on it. The prima flower with the star just seemed to match well. Sentiment is stamped using, yup, you guess it - Karen Foster Snap Stamps in Tiny Casual. I am really in love with these snap stamps! They are so versatile and easy to use -- but you already knew that right? And how much do I just love love love that polka dot sheer purple ribbon? It just seems to make everything happy!

TLC-124 -- The next two cards are for the technique lovers challenge on SCS. Every monday you can try a new technique and this one was to use scraps of card stock to create a striped background. I had lots of fun with it.

I did the pirate card first. I had watercolored him the night before and added stickles (diamond on his pants, black diamond on his shirt and eye-patch) and let them dry. The challenge seemed perfect to make a background that would work with him. I wanted it to be different than just all striped so I left a big white open space in the layout close to the bottom. It worked out really well as a place to put the sentiment and I added the little treasure trail and x marks the spot for some interest.

The next card was inkspired by one that I saw in the gallery shortly after uploading my first one. I loved how the stripes were done on a diagonal, and decided to put that to work on my next card. I stamped, masked, and watercolored some pumpkins on confetti cream card stock. Then I remembered the sentiment I had by AMUSE and checked to see if it would fit in the small oval (it did, just barely) and then I layered it on the pumpkin pie card stock. I put the strip of twill across the bottom with the intention of putting the oval sentiment on it, but when I moved it off to the side edge of the rectangle- it kind of just worked there, so I went with it. I am super pleased with how this one turned out. I love it when a card just magically works. Hope you are having a good day. It is kind of overcast here in AZ today. Perfect for playing outside though so I might just have to take the kiddies out to play later today! Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Fantastic cards...I LOVE the pumpkin card!! Did you make the stripes yourself with strips of CS?? AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

I truly think your mojo has returned, WOW what great cards. I especially love your booglie eyes cards....and the pirate. I bought him and haven't used him yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tara