Thursday, September 13, 2007

Magnolia Does Valentines Day

I know Valentines Day is a long way away still . . . but I was playing with my magnolia stamps and I still have not shared these cards with you yet, so I thought I would. I am super excited about how they turned out! I hope you like them!

This first card is a blowing kisses one. I just loved this stamp. I paired it with my purely pomegranate (SU!) paper and stamped it with my new polka dot background stamp (also SU!)
I thought the black would help to set things off. The image was watercolored and when it was dry I used my white gel pen to put dots on her dress and shoes and on a couple of the hearts, and her pony tail holders. Sentiment is by Amuse.


This second stamp I just had to have. I love the heart and I thought it could be used for thinking of you cards and sending love cards, and of course, Valentines. I used Night of Navy with Purely Pomegranate (SU!) and I also used my new Posy background stamp (SU!) which is totally pretty in the navy color. I had this stitched ribbon in my drawer and it matched perfectly so I added that on there. I colored the wings on the image a very pale yellow and then used diamond dust stickles on them. I thought the square brads in the corner matched well and helped to bring the whole card together so I used them. The sentiment is the same one used in the previous card and is by Amuse.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday. I am off to help out at the crop at Creating Keepsakes Convention here in Phoenix tonight and then I will help out and take some classes on Saturday! I hope to have some fun stuff to show you Sunday or Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute...ill have to check these stamps out!

JessicaHewitt

Shannon McGann said...

These are so cute! What adorable stamps. I love the colours you chose - just perfect!

Bev Gerard said...

How adorable! Love your cards ... and those stamps are precious!

~Bev