Sunday, December 23, 2007

Full Sheet 2,4,6,8 Box in Acetate

I am finally all done with wrapping presents. I need to do some holiday baking but all in all I am feeling pretty much ready for Christmas. I did not get all my Christmas cards stamped and off yet, but I figure I can wait and mail them off the day after Christmas and no one will mind a bit. We are staying home for the holidays also which will allow me time to catch up on my stamping and playing.

So today I drove by the model homes in my development and I saw that our sales agent was working today, and I thought I should make something for the agent who sold us our new house - I kind of felt bad that he had to work so close to Christmas! So I wanted to come up with a quick project! I had seen some nugget boxes that my friend Nicki made with acetate sheets and I thought it I would make the tall version and fill it with wrapped truffle nuggets. This box uses one sheet of 8.5 x 11 acetate and one sheet of 12x12 paper (including wrapping the nuggets). I put a bottom piece in patterned paper (made it an inch tall - and made it just like a 2,4,6,8 box) and a topper on the top to match (I layered the pattern paper on pixie pink SU card stock). I think it turned out cute!!! I wrapped each nugget with the matching paper and tried really hard to make all of them face out to show the paper.

The paper is by KI Memories. I punched the tag with my scalloped circle (mega) punch and then sponged some pixie pink on the edges for depth. I just hand wrote the greeting and attached the tag with green polka dot organdy ribbon.


6 comments:

Kelli said...

What a lovely gift that is! I keep meaning to buy some candy and dress it up as a little gift, but I have to be honest with myself...I'd probably eat them...lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda. Still waiting to see that new stamp room girl! This bag is soooo cute, I have that paper too and I hord it. I made a pinecone ornament with it and I don't want to give it away!

I'm also sending out after Christmas cards this year. I started a new business and that completly took over my precious crafting days this month. I'm putting a label on the back of the envelope that says "Sorry so late, but it's still the holiday season! Enjoy!" Otherwise, if I didn't send them at all, I'd be getting phone calls wondering where their handmade card is!

Merry Christmas Amanda and Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what wonderful things you create, edible and not, in the new year!

Christmas Love, Linda S.

Michelle said...

Any chance of a template or a link to one. I am dying to try these out but have absolutely no idea how to do it. Thanks so much for the gorgeous posts. I'm sure everyone is happy to wait for your cards they are always amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift!!! I haven't seen it done with the acetate. I will have to copy.
TFS
Jane

Cindy Beach said...

I never thought of acetate for a box! Fabulous idea and yours is super cute.

Leanne said...

How adorable is this???? Love the paper and the ribbon is awesome!