Thursday, December 20, 2007

SC155 - Thank You

Last night the one and only couple that we know in our ward at church brought us a plate of cookies (a gorgeous assortment with recipes). I was so excited that I felt inspired to make a thank you card to thank them for being so kind.

I did the sketch challenge! This was my first time sewing on a card. I tried first with a ProvoCraft Sew Mini machine that was given to me but for some reason I could not figure it out and it would not work, so I grabbed my big machine and got to it. I *almost* sewed a straight line. The other random accent I added was little squares with white brads in two of the corners. Oh and I added some diamond stickles on the pink flowers to make them sparkle and pretty!

The striped paper is by SEI (Garden Rows) and the green background paper which almost looks like it was stamped with SU Linen stamp, is actually a printed paper called Paisley Green Solid by Making Memories. The ribbons were from my collection -- I think the coral/pink color came from a share I purchased from texasjodylynn.

Flower Images are by My Favorite Things and the set is called Bundles of Bouquets. Sentiment is Everyday Flexible Phrases by Stampin' Up! The original sketch for this challenge was actually turned 90 degrees, but I thought it looked cool turned on its side like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You put alot of work into it.
Happy New Year