Friday, May 30, 2008

Bloggers Challenge - In a GREEN mood!

Sorry I have been MIA again. I am just trying to keep up with normal life and sleeping extra with being pregnant and trying not to barf. But I am pleased to announce that I made it to 11 weeks as of today . . . so hopefully morning sickness will be departing soon and I can get back to stamping lots and lots.

It is Week 49 on the Bloggers Challenge Yahoo group and todays challenge, I felt like, was a really easy one -- it was ANIMALS. I decided to make a Riley card (after all, he is a moose). I would have had my cards uploaded earlier today, but I wanted to do some sewing on them and I was helping DH sew last night, and when I let him go on his own, the machine jammed and my needle broke and it was the only one I had. Anyway, so I went into town today to get a new one and then I completed the cards I was working on today. And besides, it is technically still Friday here, so it is all good right???

This card was so simple. I wanted to make a Fathers Day card since I had not made any of those this year yet and it is getting closer and closer to that deadline. The layout is from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge -- I always want to do her sketches and often get too busy or forget. I really liked this one though and had to do it! I hope you like it!

Stamps: Riley Golf, SU Fancy Flexible Phrases Paper: Prism Papers Intense Kiwi, Chatterbox Mini Poolhouse Argule, SU Bordering Blue, Whisper White Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Accessories: Pewter Brads, SU Oval Punch, Sansodor, Blending Stumps, Prismacolor Pencils, KI Memories Self Adhesive Ribbon, Singer Sewing Machine, white thread, 3D Zots Glue Dots

This second card of the day was made for HSC19 in the Hanna Stamps Forum on SCS. The challenge was to have some paper piecing and to have some BLING somewhere on the card. Easy peasy! I used SC 178 as the layout for this one, only I decided to make a longer card -- It measures 4x7 when folded. The color on the dress is sort of wonky, because in reality it matches well with the old olive colored background. My daughter wanted me to color Hanna's hair the same as her hair color -- and so we matched a colored pencil to it and it was funny how close it matched the sugared paper.

Hope you will check back next week starting Monday for some awesome previews of the new Hanna Sets to be released June 6th.

Stamps: Spring Time Clear Stamp Set by Hanna Stamps, Sentiment by Penny Black Paper: Old Olive, Basic Grey Sugared, SU Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Old Olive Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Blending Stumps, Sansodor, Pale Pink Polka Dotted Organdy, Gem Brads, Singer Sewing Machine, white thread, August Gladiolus Prima Flowers

13 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

GREAT cards, Manda! Super cute! What in the world is your hubby doing sewing? LOL

Kathie Bailey said...

Don't you just love Riley? Super cute Manda. Hope your morning sickness is just a memory soon!

Claudia Perry said...

Great card - love the sewing, glad you got a new needle ;-)

PattiM said...

The moose is really cute... Would be perfect for my golfing Dad..

Love the thinking of you card....Great color combo...

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Kristi said...

So has he been sewing all of you cards???? LOL
ok just kidding. I love these, love that paper for her dress.
I need to show my hubby this photo, maybe he will sew for me :)

Ida said...

Riley is so doggone cute and so is your card. Love the stitching.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, and look how cute your hubby is sewing! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

These are both totally cute, Manda! Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

loretta said...

I love the moose! Great card and I love your blog!

Loretta R.
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Lisa Bohler said...

I LOVE the stitching...it was worth the wait and the trip to town!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the cards and the stitching you incorporated in to it. I love seeing your hubby at the sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried ginger tea or there are also preggy pops that have ginger in them and they help too. Traci

Mandy said...

Cute cards...and congrats on the pregnancy!