Friday, May 09, 2008

Thursday Night TV -- How Sweet It Is - Elzybells

Okay, can you believe I actually missed Greys Anatomy last night! SHEESH! That is just awful! I was putting the kids to bed and by the time I looked at the clock and had finished, the clock said 8:56 pm. *sigh* I did catch up this morning and since I have not posted about Greys for awhile, I just thought I would say how much I LOVED this episode. I seriously still want Mer and Der together and this episode gave me hope. I just loved the way they ended it and I cannot wait to see next week, which is an improvement over the other two most recent episodes that left me feeling like it was just okay. Anyway, someone call me and remind me to get those kids into bed early on Thursday nights . . . please *grins* McDreamy does not like to wait!!!

I didn't want to post this card till I was sure the recipient had it in her hot little hands . . . but I know she does now. I made this one for Jen Marie to say thank you for the awesome Cupcake book she sent. She is such a good blogging friend, always posting me comments and just being generally sweet and awesome!!! I used all my new toys on this one (from the coolest store I found this past weekend called StampWorks in Chandler). Background paper is Basic Grey - Sultry paper pad. White piece is embossed using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder (not from that store - but new still), Stamp set is new to me -- My Favorite Things (How Sweet It Is). Oh and I believe I used my new Inkssentials White Gel Pen to make the polka dots on the flowers. The whole image was watercolored using my ink pads and my aquapainter for a soft look. I sponged the edges of the background paper before I sewed it on to make it all blend well. Happy Friday! Hope you have an awesome weekend. I am still stamping, so we will see if I get time to schedule some posts for this weekend.

Stamps: My Favorite Things (How Sweet It Is) Paper: Basic Grey Sultry, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White Ink: Vintage Sepia Versafine Ink Accessories: Chocolate with White Polka Dots ribbon, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Sewing Machine, Brown thread, 3D Glue Dots.

I made this quick card for Jody -- I know she was not feeling well before she went away to the Texas Gathering, so I made it and was planning to send it Saturday, so it would be at her home when she was . . . but alas, that did not happen, I think it made it into the mail Tuesday . . . oh well, the thought is what counts right? Such a simple card -- layout was inspired by Lucy Chesna -- although as usual I adapted it to make it happier (read: even simpler than it was) for me to use. Background paper is by Basic Grey - Two Scoops. Sentiment and Stamp are by Elzybells. I bought them at Stamp Works the other day too. I had so much fun in that store.

Stamps: Elzybells Paper: Basic Grey Two Scoops, Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White. Ink: Versafine Black, Pretty in Pink, Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa. Accessories: Stickles, Pretty in Pink brads, sewing machine and white thread

I have a couple more cards to upload sometime today . . . one is a Hanna Color Challenge I have been fiddling with today and the other is a bloggers challenge Mothers Day card that I stamped yesterday with a friend of mine -- she chose earthtone colors - which I would never have chosen for Mothers Day, but her mom likes them, so we made something with them and I think it turned out cute! Anyway, thanks for visiting today and hope you'll check back again soon!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Manda,
You know you should never keep McDreamy waiting. Look what happened when Mer kept him waiting.. he ended up with Psyco nurse. It is my sneaking suspision that she may turn stalker when Der goes back to Mer. Cause you know he is!!! Insert me jumping up and down. Yep! I already know I'm pathetic.

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS card! Super cute!

Shannon Tompkins said...

You really do need to get those kids to bed so you don't miss Greys! Its basically my fav show then Brothers and Sisters.

Great cards too!

rls said...

not sure if you go back and read your emails you receive on past posts.. but for the cupcake icing did you use the candy melts from wilton or the blocks of white chocolate squares.. hope you can answer before Monday. thanks robin

Amanda said...

Robin,
I used the wilton candy melts, but I am sure it would work with either. Just remember to give it some time to cool between when you mix it and when you start to ice the cupcakes with it so that it looks perfect the way you want it to -- ask me how I know that? My cupcakes were still lukewarm and the icing was still warmish and I glazed a couple . .. *giggles*

Unknown said...

Just adorable. I really love this card. Great job :)

Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

HEY AMANDA!!! Remember me? (VSN #2 :)) and of course, grey's... we're still connected that way! Cute cards... love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Great card!! :) Hugs~Jd

Aimee said...

your elzybell card is just too cute....

Paula said...

This is a very cute simple layout!

Michele Cronsell said...

Missed Grays??? Oh, you missed a good one!
I *LOVE* the color combination of this get well card.