Monday, May 05, 2008

My Best Friend/Small Breeds Dog

I decided to play with these sets because I got them in the mail with the new releases and they looked like fun. The colors did not turn out exactly true to how they are in the actual card -- but the color inkspiration came from Scraptitude (link on right) -- I paired chocolate chip, with kraft, bravo burgundy and sage shadow, totally not colors I would normally think to put together myself, but they work surprisingly well with one another. I had fun with my fingertip control exacto knife by Fiscars, cutting out around Hanna and the puppy dog face to make them exploding out of the box. I added some glaze pen to her sash and on her shoes to make them more interesting and dimensional looking.

Stamps: My Best Friend (Hanna Stamps), Small Breeds Dog (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Doggy Paper (Unknown-No label on back) Ink: Memories Black Dye ink, bravo burgundy, sage shadow, wild wasabi (grass) Accessories: Fiscars Fingertip Control Craft Knife, Prismacolor Pencils, sansodor, blending stumps, Singer Sewing machine, aquapainter, Corner punch, ZOTS - 3D Large dots

15 comments:

Mary said...

The colors that you used ceratinly do go very well together, Thanks for giving me a new color combo. :) I love how you cut some of Hanna and the dog off of the white card-stock. Your card is awseome!

Mary

Kristi said...

Oh I love this.

Lisa said...

What an absolutely adorable card. I haven't seen these stamps yet. Too cute!
A fellow SCSer

Jess said...

This is beautifully done... The coloring, the layout, the background paper. Great!

Velta said...

I think these colors are just perfect! I love how you shadowed the feet :)

Pam's Pride said...

OMG!! Awesome card! Fantastic coloring!

Frenchy said...

So cute - her hair looks so good - great coloring. I really like the way they "explode" out of the box!

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh!! Amanda, this is wonderful!!!!!

Helen said...

I LOVE the way they explode out of the box... AND the background paper; it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love your Hanna cards! I have the puppy set and it hasn't seen ink yet... I need to get that one out!

Kisa Peters said...

Okay....GREAT card! LOve the colors...love your coloring! Love it all!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card! You do some amazing work!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh- I love the colors of this! beautiful coloring and wonderful job! TFS!

Rochelle W said...

Oohhh... I love this card. That stamp is super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Hanna card... I love the phot corners, stiching and the way hanna goes beyond the box... Great job!