Friday, May 16, 2008

My First Riley . . .

So I joined Hanna Stamps Design Team, after the Riley and Sophie stamps had been released, and so I asked some team members if they would send some images for me to play with. Well, Kristi, being the super awesome sweetie she is, sent me my own set of the stamps to play with, as well as some new release ones coming soon . . . (CHA is not that far away - save your pennies cause you are going to WANT the new ones - consider this fair warning).

Anyway, since I had not touched ink all week (being sick with the pregnancy and then finding out my uncle in Canada passed away, keeping up with household chores and my kids are having some issues). I really needed to stamp. I have been trying to stamp at night, but every night by the time I get to about 9 pm I am SO tired and basically pass out in bed as soon as the kids are asleep.

I did wake up around 6 am this morning though, and I made it stamping time -- here is my first ever Riley card! I used SC 176 for the layout and the color scheme came from the paper I chose to use -- Basic Grey Two Scoops. I used the grid technique on the soft sky paper in the background of the card! It is so simple and adds a little something.

Stamps: Riley - Hanna Stamps, SU Family Phrases Paper: Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Basic Grey Two Scoops Ink: Versafine Black Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, sansodor, brads, wild wasabi striped ribbon, 3d Zots glue dots, singer sewing machine, chocolate brown thread, Oval punches (SU!)

7 comments:

Helen said...

I'm sorry about your uncle. Glad you felt up to stamping - your card is lovely. I love all the greens and cool blues.

Unknown said...

super cute!

Paula said...

Oh, he's really cute! I love the rich coloring. He looks so cute and comfy!

Anonymous said...

I love this guy...coffee and cupcake...sweet! Gotta love the Basic Grey papers!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh my goodness! This is SO SO adorable!

Pamela Smerker said...

This is so super cute! Love how you quilted the background piece. All of th ecolros really make Riley pop! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite of your recent Riley cards. He looks so comfy in that chair, it makes me wish I had a chair like that.

I love the calming colors of this card. Thanks for sharing!