I decided that I craved potato salad when I came home from church today (I have craved potatoes like crazy this pregnancy for some reason). Anyway, I went online to allrecipes and came across this recipe, which I only altered slightly. It is AWESOME if you are a fan of dill -- totally delish!
* 10 red potatoes, cut into chunks
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon seedy mustard
* 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
* 1 teaspoon celery salt (I left this out)
* salt and pepper to taste
*2 green onions, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool.
2. In a bowl, gently toss potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
***I also had a lot of leftover fruit in my fridge, so I decided to toss it altogether and make a fruit salad to go with dinner too. It turned out yummy! Even E, who is usually not a fruit eater or a salad eater, ate both the fruit salad and the potato one.
* 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks - drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice
* 1 can of mandarin oranges - drained
* 1 cup cantaloupe (diced)
* 1 cup seedless grapes (halved)
* 1 cup quartered strawberries
* 2 bananas, sliced
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 tablespoon honey
1. In a large bowl, toss fruit. In a small cup or bowl, combine lime juice, honey, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice. Stir well and toss with fruit. ENJOY!!!
Serve salads with your favorite BBQ meat for a perfect summer meal! Hope you are having a great summer and will check back again soon!