Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dirty Dare '08 - WEDNESDAY CHALLENGES

I made this one for Jenn's challenge -- it was an inspiration challenge ... we were to use this image as inspiration:

My challenge for you is to make something, anything, inspired by this amazing cake. Draw from the colors, the patterns, whatever.

My lime color is not quite the same as the inspiration, but in real life it looks really close. I chose to use the black and white with a POP bright color, rather than the pattern on the cake. I like how this cute little Bella turned out. I think I would like to try this with an electric blue color or a super bright pink. The way the color just pops is amazing. I also discovered I need to stock up on my black and white designer paper stash (shame on me for having such a limited selection).


Stamps: Cupcakeabella Paper: DCWV Tiny Dotted, Basic Black, Whisper White, Prism Iced Kiwi Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Black gel pen (to color details), prismacolor pencils, sansodor, blending stumps, silver and black brads, black and white dotted ribbon


3 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

This is so pretty. i love the card. Lime green is my favorite color!

Holly Young said...

Amanda, I found your blog through a comment you left on mine and I've been browsing and browsing. Your cards are just gorgeous! I LOVE this one you made for the challenge. I've made one for this one too, but Wos! Yours blows me away! I'm subscribing to your blog so I don't miss anything!

Holly Young said...

Amanda, I found your blog through a comment you left on mine and I've been browsing and browsing. Your cards are just gorgeous! I LOVE this one you made for the challenge. I've made one for this one too, but Wos! Yours blows me away! I'm subscribing to your blog so I don't miss anything!