Monday, July 21, 2008

Feeling a bit like Martha . . .

A CRAYON COZY

I have been feeling like doing some random craft stuff since I went blurfing the other day. I finished my first "crayon cozy" Friday night (in black and white). It turned out pretty decently considering I had never done it before. One day I will be able to sew straight.

I got the idea on this Etsy store and I found some instructions which I used some pieces of here. I will totally be making these to send out or give out to family and friends with kids our age! They are perfect to tote in a bag and they look cute!!! On Saturday I went shopping with the kids and we chose fabric to make some more of these. I am excited to see how they all turn out! Oooh, and crayons are on sale (back to school sale) for like 22 cents for a box of 24 right now at Target -- so it is the perfect time to make one of these. Super duper cheap and cute!!!

HAIR CLIPS FOR ALL SEASONS

My second crafty thing that I worked on is some girls hair clips. I saw these on an Etsy store also, and knew I could make them. I went to my local Sally Beauty, and they had the clips and it was just a matter of hitting my ribbon stash to decide on colors, etc. So girly and cute!!! I plan to make some of these for family and friends as well. I am in the crafty groove, no point in stopping now! I already have some others started, but I wanted to get this post posted, so I will show you those in a later post. You would be surprised by how easy these are to do. Saves paying lots of money for the ones at "Claires" or something. Below are Christmas, Easter and Halloween.



SOME OTHER STUFF I WOULD LIKE TO WORK ON SOON:

http://littlesomething.myshopify.com/collections/appliqued-barrettes
http://www.breastfeeding123.com/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/
http://www.breastfeeding123.com/how-to-sew-your-own-baby-bibs/

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Amanda,
Great job!
I'd love to see a photo of the back of the clips. I'm don't sew, but I think I could manage the clips. Very cute!
Rochelle

Sharon said...

Awesome job Amanda!