Thursday, August 07, 2008

Long Awaited U/S Photos

Good morning. I had the weirdest thing happen last night, I woke up with a leg cramp -- that is the first time that has ever happened to me during pregnancy and it was intense, quite a shock. Apparently this pregnancy comes with all the bells and whistles and I was really missing out on all the fun with my other two. Anyway, I slept like a baby until then, so I am in a great mood today! YAY!

My scanner has been giving me problems for awhile (I need to get my hubby to fix it) and I decided to take matters into my own hands and go to Kinko's yesterday to scan the ultrasound pictures. I have a couple from my first ultrasound (7 weeks) and a couple (not very clear) ones from my second one at 20 weeks (you all know how little water I had had and how that afternoon went so that explains that).

(8w1d)



(19w4d)



This one shows his boy parts (above) ---------- This one looks really smooshed (above)



This one is the 4D Technology -- shows the babies head and spine, we like to call it the "my precious" shot because our baby totally looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings! Hilarious!!!


17 comments:

Dorinda said...

Congratulations Amanda!! what great treasures to have!

Dragana Skoro said...

I loved my U/S pictures... Actually, one of them was used in Battlestar Galactica episode... It represented a Cylon baby. It kind of goes along with your Gollum part... Lol.

Carmen said...

This is baby's first pics it is awesome. I wish I would have had 4d pics but we did not have that technology 10 years ago. Amazing! TFS.

Shannon said...

Again congratulations on your baby boy. I'd see the 3d technology but can't believe they have 4d now. I am glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and not causing you too much distress. That leaves more time for stamping.

~ j said...

congratulations!

I used ot get leg cramps all the time! Calf stretches always did the trick for me :)

Michelle said...

Those are amazing ultrasound photos. So detailed. My babies looked like aliens. No details in the shots but their little whizzers and eye sockets. Kinda scared me. These 4-d ones are cool though. Congratulations!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Oh yeah - those preggo nighttime leg cramps are the worst!!! I had them with my first, but thankfully not with #2. Thanks for sharing, and congrats all over again!

Nisa said...

So exciting! I love the "my precious" thing. We used to say that about Xander when he was about 4 months old. He would sit up leaning forward completely on his clenched fists.

Sorry about all those bells and whistles! Pregnancy is such a contradiction sometimes. How is it possible to feel so awful and great at the same time?!

Carmen said...

Hi Manda ~~~TAG UR IT!! Drop by my blog to play.

Cris A said...

Awwww, wook at da wittle beebee!!

Jill Cooper said...

Congrats! I love me some babies!! PRECIOUS!! Jill

Helen said...

How exciting! Perhaps "Gollum" could be the middle name? ;)

I had the leg cramps with no. 2 - it's HORRIBLE.

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for sharing these, Manda!!! I am so super happy for you sweetie!

Savor the Journey * Tex said...

Oh how incredibly SWEEEEEET!
No such progress on a regular basis when my "little guy" was born, or for my "little gal" either! These pics are truly heart-warmers! Congratulations, sweet Mama!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Your going to be a fantastic mommy!

Jamie said...

UGG I had the leg cramps so much with my first baby and some with my second until my dr told me to drink a large glass of milk before bed and that would stop them. Didn't have them the rest of the time with the 2nd and never with the 3rd. Congrats on your baby!!

Rochelle W said...

WOW! I am so happy for you.