Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Fun at Disneyland

Okay, so seriously, sometimes I make dumb decisions, and going to Disneyland at 8 months pregnant is totally one of them, I could barely walk after the two days, but I really, REALLY wanted to go while they have the Haunted Mansion all decked out for Halloween with Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, and I am SO glad I did, despite the huge and gross cankles I now have. It is not to be missed. It was WAY less scary than the haunted mansion normally is AND it is just fun and happy! I seriously was like a little kid inside -- all giddy and excited. YAY! Be sure to use fast passes if you go though as the standby line up was a little long. With the fast passes though, it goes super speedy and you are in, in no time! I *may* take too many pictures. ENJOY!


Before we left for this trip, I asked the kids what they wanted to do while we were there. E said she wanted to go see the princesses. J said he wanted to go on Star Tours. I said I wanted to go on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (I love this ride), and M did not really say, but I know a trip to Disneyland would not be complete without going on Pirates of the Carribbean. We managed to get to everyones favorites on this trip, even though it was really short.

We also got to go out to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I had wanted to go try it there and it was fun! I loved that they had Forrest Gump playing on a big TV, I loved their "Run Forrest Run" and "Stop" signs which would bring your waitress over to help you. It was just really relaxed and fun. Everyone got a picture in Forrest's big shoes on the bench (even though J was less than enthused.)





We got to enjoy some of Woody's Halloween Roundup (in Big Thunder Ranch which is usually empty). They had coloring, and crafts, a show, lots of places to take pictures, and cookie decorating (which we did not do since they were trying to charge $6 a cookie -- sheesh). It was a fun time though. It was nice to see something going on in that space and it not just being wasted.





Here are some other fun "Halloween Time" pictures from Disneyland -- the kids loved posing by the skeletons and choosing their favorite pumpkin from around the main center island at Disneyland in front of the castle.





The last thing we did was E wanted to go meet the princesses and J wanted to go on Autopia, so M and I divided and conquered them both before we left. I got E's face painted and she was so excited about it. She loved feeling like a princess. She is just too cute!! My camera died right before we went over to California Adventure and the candy corn harvest, so I missed those pictures, but all in all we had a wonderful two days at the parks and since it was our last time before the new little guy arrives, I know these will be memories we cherish!

10 comments:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Nisa said...

You're crazy! That said, I would have done it too! What a fantastic trip! I'm really jealous!

katiesniche said...

Oh how fun! We went to Disney World Thanksgiving week, 5 years ago! It's fun to go around holidays. There's that something extra. Looks like you all had a blast!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

That is just wonderful!!! Disney is my favorite place (: We went last year and plan on going again next year (: It looks like you had a beautiful time with your sweet family.

Pat (mspfd) said...

These photos are terrific. What wonderful memories.

Adela said...

You visit Mickey more than I do... and he's only 15 min. from me! I used to take my kids there after pre-school for lunch and we'd go for 2 or 3 rides. I even called out to Jackie Chan on Main St. not knowing he was filming...the director didn't like that, but Jackie came over to me and was very nice! Yeah, it's a great place!

jacqueline said...

I love ALL of the pictures you have displayed. Everyone looks like they had a blast! You had to go while pregnant...because pregnant women like to have fun too!

Carmen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pics.

KA said...

You are a little crazy. However, everyone has told me that Disneyland is THE BEST in October. And, that which does that kill you will only make you stronger, right?

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh how FUN!!!! I will never seen Disney so I have to live vicariously through everyone else ~~ so I LOVE looking at all the pictures!