Tuesday, November 04, 2008

HANNA PREVIEW: NEW MOOSE on the LOOSE

I always love all the sketches and challenges you can find on Monday! Usually on Monday I am dragging in a big way. This week was no exception -- somehow the kids and I all have a bad cold and cough. It has been keeping me up at night (well, that and the icky poo contractions I have been having). Anyway, it is great to have some inkspiration when you need it.

And now I would like to introduce to you Laundry Sophie & Couch Riley Moose! YAY! How fun that you are getting MORE Riley stamps this month! They are SO darn fun!!!

I first decided to cover the Papertake Weekly Challenge and the Ismaki challenge. One was a gorgeous sketch with an option to use eyelets (which I did not do because I could not find the silver ones I wanted) and the other was to add sparkle to your card.

It's hard to see, but the Sophie image is colored with copic markers and then I added some sparkle by using my luminarte Twinkling H2O's (Blushing caramel, and pale porcelin). I used some diamond stickles on top of the Heidi Swapp ghost flower to add even more sparkle. I am totally in love with this sentiment set by Hanna Stamps -- way too funny! I SO relate to how Sophie is feeling here!!!

Stamps: Laundry Sophie (Hanna Stamps), Just What I Meant to Say (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Vibrant Pink (Prism Papers), Garden Flowers (Heidi Grace Designs), Purely Pomegranate (SU!), Solar Crest White (Neenah), Blush Blossom (SU!) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Heidi Swapp Ghost Flowers (large), White Prima Flower, Turquoise gem (Target $1 Spot), silver brads, sewing machine, white thread, copic markers, silver prismacolor pencil, diamond stickles, luminarte Twinkling H2O's, aquapainter.

The second card features an awesome sketch from the Card Positioning Systems blog site (CPS89). If you have a chance to go do one of these sketches, it is worth it. The card samples there are just lovely and Tami is awesome. If you do stop in, tell her Manda sent ya!

Stamps: Couch Riley (Hanna Stamps), Just What I Meant to Say (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Bohemia - Blossom "Angel" Small Damask/Pink (My Minds Eye), Very Vanilla (SU!), Chocolate Chip (SU!), Solar Crest White (Neenah) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Sheer Brown Dotted Organdy, sewing machine, brown thread, clear embossing powder, copic markers, Inkssentials - Glossy Accents (Ranger)

Off to try to catch up on some laundry and Desperate Housewives and the off to soccer practice for the kids! Don't forget to get out and vote! It should be interesting to see the results!

12 comments:

Colleen Wold said...

I just love all your stitching on the square Riley card. You did a great job with the layout. I love that Riley on the couch too! Those colors are so pretty together and another awesome layout. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

How cute are these cards??? I love them!

Heidi said...

These are adorable cards Amanda- they just come to life. I would rather be the couch moose though, definatelY!

Card Creations said...

Those rileys are too cute! I love the idea of stickles on the Heidi Swapp flower. Thanks for Sharing.

Stampin' Meg said...

Such cute mooses (meece?!) They make me want to try these sketches, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to order these...epecially Laundry Sophie. TFS. I truly love both cards and all the details.

Unknown said...

great work!

loretta said...

These are adorable. I can so relate to the sentiments!

You'r blog is so cute, and congrats on your little guy. That is a great birthday! I share it!

Stamp Happy!

Amanda said...

LOVE THEM! Great layouts!

Diane said...

These are really sweet! I love all the cute pictures of the kids, too....aren't they just the best, the pumpkin mask was "too funny", I have some from Bath and Body, recommended by Oprah, but I have never tried it, it was one of her favorite things, once!

Eagle Craftz said...

OKay those stamps are just way too cute!!

Tweetpea said...

The Riley with chocolates card is adoreable! I'm so excited there's new Rileys.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com