Monday, November 17, 2008

Making Christmas la la laaaaa!

We decided to put the tree up last night. I was tired, but I knew we needed to get it done soon with the new baby arriving any time in the next 30 days. My due date is the 15th of Dec., so I assume he will mostly likely arrive by then and I wanted to have the tree up and be ready for Christmas nice and early, just in case. Anyway, it was an enjoyable evening. We started by watching SNL Christmas skits while M put the tree up and got the ribbon on it. Then we switched to Traditional Christmas music on cable while the kids and M decorated the tree. I relaxed and played photographer. I think it turned out pretty!!!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures! Everything looks so pretty. Just think, you are only 4 weeks away from due date. How exciting! Please take it easy.

Unknown said...

How elegant!! It's so beautiful! Man, I may have to pester James into letting me decorate early! Everyone's getting me excited for Christmas!

Vicki G said...

Manda, your tree looks lovely!!!! Good thinking to get everything done early and your babes are precious!!!


Vicki

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Beautiful tree and amazing pictures!

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty! (Good thinking too! Less than a month - WOW!) Is this your first Christmas in this house? I forget.

~Meredith

Mandy said...

I hear ya, girl. I had my daughter last December 20. The due date was actually January 1, but we STILL put the tree up early!! Best wishes and prayers for you as the date draws nearer!!

Sharon said...

The tree turned out so pretty! Love the pictures too. So sweet!

Claudia said...

Your tree is gorgeous! And your children are precious!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! You must be one of the smartest women I know! Yes ... in my book, this is waaaaay early ... BUT, you have special circumstances! I hope your newest darlin' comes on his due date. I have a heartfelt fondness for Dec. 15. But ... he's going to be welcomed home with a beautiful family & a Christmas setting all ready! Bless you & yours, Amanda!

Dorinda said...

WOW!!! Amanda the tree is just gorgeous!

Sandra MacLean said...

These are gorgeous photos Amanda!! To capture the soft color of the lights and not have blurry shots of your kids - it's a tough thing to do with any camera! Thanks for sharing!

Stamp Maryland said...

Oh, it's beautiful! We are off to buy a new tree this year after thanksgiving dinner, since Michaels is having them 50% off. Hopefully ours will look as nice as yours.

Tracy

Brimaca said...

So pretty! We are doing that today. How ya feelin'?