Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cabbage Roll Casserole

Like the taste of cabbage rolls but hate all the work? Here is a quick alternative that tastes SO much like a normal cabbage roll:

1 lb ground chicken breast skinless
2 ozs instant rice
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup water
15 ozs Italian style tomato sauce
1/4 tsp salt
10 ozs coleslaw mix
1/8 tsp black pepper

In a large skillet, cook chicken and onions until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add tomato sauce, coleslaw mix, rice, water, salt, and black pepper. Cooker will be full but cabbage will cook down. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until cabbage is done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda ... I am going to HAVE TO TRY this!! Yes! I love cabbage rolls ... but I haven't taken the time to prepare them in over 10 years. (Shameful ... as hubby loves them as well.) I MUST do this! Thanks bunches ... or 'heads'! ;)


~Bev

doulanana said...

I just love your recipes....Keep them coming Amanda!!...and thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I tried this at Doulanana's and it was FANTASTIC. I made it again tonight... and next time Im going to double the recipe so that it will last longer.
Thanks,