Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Pint of Chocolate St. Patty's Day Love . . .

I saw these plastic beer mugs in the $1 spot at Target (I *might* like shopping there), and I knew it would be perfect for this good luck Riley. I had been talking about this with my hubby a couple days before and we had talked about using a glass mug and how that would not work because 1) we love our mugs and 2) too expensive to waste. I had so much fun making this! I can't wait to give it away to someone on St. Patty's Day. Nothing beats a pint of almond kisses!!! I wrapped it in cellophane for easy delivery.

Stamps: Horse Shoe Riley (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Green Galore (SU!), Green Clovers 12x12 (Die Cuts With a View), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Clear Embossing powder (SU!), diamond stickles (Ranger), copic ciao markers (Imagination International Inc.), Assorted green and white ribbons, red line sticky tape, almond hershey kisses, $1 spot beer mug, cellophane.

St. Patricks Day is getting closer . . . have you thought of a fun way to celebrate yet? I saw some fun recipes on allrecipes to try. Link your fun and creative celebrating ideas to this post, I would love to hear what you and your little leprechans are doing this year!!!



13 comments:

Tracey said...

WHat a fabulous gift idea!! Riley & chocolate - what a fantastic combination!! :)

Elizabeth said...

What a great gift - I bet whoever receives it will be delighted!

Becky said...

What a great idea, these are adorable.

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

I may just have to do this!! I wonder if all Targets have these... This is super, super cute idea!!! I love it!!!

Michelle Forrest said...

This is a great gift idea and absolutely too cute!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea for St Patty's Day!! Love Riley & I love all the ribbons on the handle!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Something better than those kisses - did they come up with a chocolate mousse kiss? Pun intended! I think that would make a great birthday present for me since my birthday is St. Patrick's Day! My husband will be out of town and our bosses will be out of town all week so I should expect the worst to happen at work since another guy and I will be in charge. Afterall, my dog's name is Murphy after Murphy's Law! Anyway, enough blabbering on - great project!

Chris R. from Iowa

P.S. I don't have a blog but I love reading yours for all your great ideas.

Ann said...

Such a cute gift idea! Love the ribbons on the handle!

Jacquel said...

This is very nice and I like that image you used! tfs!!!

CountessLaurie said...

Oh my heck, Riley keeps getting cuter and cuter! What a great gift idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Vicki G said...

Love this Amanda!

Great Card!


Vicki

Anonymous said...

Cute mug, what a great find. Seems I never find anything at our local Targets. Riley...he is just too cute, no matter what he is doing, LOL

We don't celebrate St. Patricks day. When my DH was little, his family would give up candy for lent. So on St. Patrick's day, half way to Easter, they were allowed to eat candy, LOL

cr8iveme said...

what a fun gift idea.