Sunday, March 01, 2009

St. Paddy's Riley Treat

I made this little treat box SO long ago, but saved it to show you all today so you could send a little luck of the Irish along to one of your friends. I colored Riley with my prismacolor pencils and gamsol with blending stumps. The box is an acetate sheet folded with the top and bottom of the box made with card stock. It was SUPER simple to create. It is filled with caramel DOVE chocolates that just happened to match perfectly. I bought them thinking they were gold and then when I opened it I was so excited because they not only were also green, but the right color green! Holy lucky!!! I used diamond stickles on Riley's pot of gold to make it shimmer! (see close up photo for detail)

Stamps: Shamrock Riley (Hanna Stamps) Paper: Glorious Green (SU!), More Mustard (SU!), Solar crest White (Neenah) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Sewing machine, black thread, acetate, red line sticky tape, diamond stickles, dove chocolates, mustard grosgrain ribbon, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, blending stumps

8 comments:

Michelle said...

It's adorable! I always love checking out different projects, even though I am project-challenged myself!

Silli said...

Manda, your cards are so so pretty. Love the good luck riley...and your coloring!

Heather said...

Seriously, you are so talented! I just can't believe all the amazing things you make! So cute :)

Unknown said...

That's so cute! I love that you celebrate every holiday! I need to be better at that with my kids.

Brimaca said...

Did you know you won on my page?

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? I have a bunch of St. Paddy's Day stamps - may have to add this one too. That Riley - gotta luv him! The box and candy look pretty tasty too. Thanks for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa

Anjou Krelovich said...

Oh, this is soooo fun!

CountessLaurie said...

This is sooo cute. I am a sucker for all things Irish and Riley is sooo adorable. Thanks for sharing.