Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's Afraid of the Big Bold Brights . . .

Not me!!! I made this card for Sketch Challenge 220. I used Beate's tutorial on making texture with alcohol markers which is now available on SCS to create the dotted texture on the umbrella. I loved this set the moment I saw it. It was one of the sets that made me want to be on the design team for Hanna Stamps . . . and about a month ago I discovered that I did not own it yet. EEK! So I decided I needed to have it and promptly ordered it. Then I got busy doing other stuff and had yet to pull it out . . . well, today I managed to play with it finally. Hope you like what I came up with for this sketch!

Stamps: Rainy Day (Hanna Stamps), Miss You (Amuse Artstamps) Paper: Yo Yo Yellow (SU), Baby Blue Dark (Prism Papers), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah), Flowers - PL-172 (Me & My Big Ideas) Ink: Onyx Black Versafine Accessories: Clear embossing powder (SU!), copic ciao markers (Imagination International Inc.), blue grosgrain with white dots (Dots Dashes & Checks - Michaels Stores Inc.), Sewing machine, white thread, silver prismacolor pencil, Glossy Accents (Ranger)

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I love anything that's blue and yellow. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I tend to stay away from brights, but always enjoy when others use them.

I don't know what is worse, thinking you have a stamp, but don't OR not thinking you have it and order it again, LOL

loretta said...

I really like what you have done with the bright colors and layout, the coloring of the image is superb

Unknown said...

love teh colors. its wonderful!
and the sewing part is so kool ;)

Louise F NZ said...

GORGEOUS! Love the bold, bright colours!

Vicki G said...

NOt me, NOT me!!! I love your card Amanda!!!!


Vicki

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Bold and bright makes you
feel alive!

Great card!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Jacquel said...

This is fab Amanda! I love the bright and happy colors you used...excellent work!!!

mandy parry said...

followed your link on bethany's blog. congrats on number three and cute cards as always!

mandy

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh this is absolutely stunning! I am a recent fanatic for Hanna Stamps too. WOW! This makes me smile, Thank you!
Heidi

Callie said...

Beautiful and so much fun! Love the colors and everything!