Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day

Last night the kids and I decided that we wanted to make cupcakes for 'daddy' for Fathers Day, so I went on a search online and found some on familyfun.com. They were lawn mowers and since that is what my hubby got this year for Fathers Day, I thought they would be PERFECT!!!

I could have put a couple more drops of food coloring to make the grass more green, maybe next time. I could not find black licorice laces at walmart, which is where I went, so I used long sucker sticks (I had them in my crafting stash) for the handles. The lawn mower is made of a dove chocolate and then brown M&M's for the wheels and a red M&M for the engine part. Super easy and I think they turned out cute.



Okay, off to go hang out with my sweet husband and these three monkeys that make him a daddy. Hope you all tell your dad or the dad in your life how much you love and appreciate them today! *smiles*

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hello Amanda-

I’m Beth Honeyman, the head of the factchecking department at FamilyFun. I'm writing because we’re hoping to include a small piece about your blog in an upcoming issue of the magazine. We were excited to see that you and your family made the Hey Dad! Want Some Mower? Cupcakes for Father’s Day.

If you're interested, would you phone me at 413-585-0444 (just ask the receptionist for me)? We're going to press imminently, so it would be great to hear from you ASAP.

Thanks and take care!