Monday, August 24, 2009

Peachy Moist Muffins (from allrecipes.com)

Are peaches in season where you are? We had some big fat juicy ones at our grocery store this week from California and they were cheap cheap.

This morning I had some peaches on my counter that needed to be used up! As it turns out, my son prefers nectarines just like mommy. I just detest the fuzz. Anyway, I will be peeling some peaches for him later. I came across this muffin recipe and with a few alterations it is just fabulous! I know I haven't shared a recipe in like forever right? Hope you try them and if you do, let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans (I left these out)
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup peach or vanilla yogurt (I opted for peach and used 6oz. rather than 4oz.)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped peeled fresh or well-drained canned peaches

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans, sugar and baking powder. Combine egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
The first batch got gobbled up super fast, so I will post a picture when I make some more a little later! Happy baking!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I read this and started laughing because I hate peach fuzz! Are you sure you're not my clone?