Thursday, December 03, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - Got Buttons?

If you are as addicted to Papertrey Ink as I am, then no doubt somewhere along the line, you have picked up a bag, or two, or three . . . or five of the vintage buttons they sell. Well fear not my papercrafting friend, here is an awesome idea to use some of them up so you don't have quite as large a stash . . . thank you to Martha Stewart for this idea:


While making mine . . . I discovered a couple things that worked well -- especially on the santa and snowman. I folded the pipe cleaner in half and then threaded it through two holes -- this seemed to make it more even looking. I think it worked okay with just one strand on the wreath due to the unbalanced nature of it. A wreath doesn't often look perfectly circular.

These were really easy, if you have kids, they could totally make them with you. They reminded me of the bead candy canes that I am sure you have seen made before. It was fun too! And here are some pictures of my finished button ornaments:


Snowman and Santa (with no pipe cleaner arms - I still need to add them)

Wreath

Hope you are having a lovely December so far and are taking time to sip some cocoa with the ones you love. See you later today with some Christmas Concert photos and then tomorrow with some first birthday pictures and maybe another fun holiday idea (if I manage to somehow have time!)

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

How CUTE!!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

What a terrific idea Amanda! Thanks!

~Meredith