Friday, December 18, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - Quilted Holiday Coasters

Here is my finished project all packaged up (set of 6 coasters) and ready to be sent off. I used one of my old Papertrey Ink boxes (the ones the stamps come in), and altered it up to be a coaster holder box. I added my own vanilla crimped paper on the sides to keep the coasters in place.

Stamps: Small Casual (Karen Foster Design - Snap Stamps) Paper: Sage Shadow (SU!), Textured Vanilla (Hobby Lobby), Very Vanilla (SU!) Ink: Sage Shadow Classic (SU!) Accessories: Sewing Machine (Singer), sage thread (Coats & Clark), Poinsettia Blossoms (Making Memories - Mistletoe Collection), Pearl brads (The Paper Studio - Hobby Lobby), Paper crimper (Fiskars), Nestabilities Scalloped and plain circle dies (Spellbinders)

Sorry I have been MIA this week . . . been busy having fun with my family, creating, and of course, shopping! I love the hustle and bustle of this time of year. I love having most of my shopping done and being able to browse while everyone else is rushing around frantically. It is fun to me. I know, I am weird.
This is a fun easy project. I worked on these the other night while Michael had to go to the church . . . they only took one night for a set of 6 and were very inexpensive to make (I used a fabric bandana that I got at Hobby Lobby for $0.63 on sale to make all 6 with extra fabric leftover). Here is the link to the instructions from Martha Stewart's site:

Quilted Coaster Set http://www.marthastewart.com/article/quilted-coaster-set?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/stocking-stuffers#slide_18

Off to get J ready for Pajama Friday . . . he is so excited to get to wear his pajamas school. Should be fun! So excited for vacation to begin and for relaxing with my kids, sipping cocoa, and spending time together! I'll be back sometime soon . . . .

No comments: