Wednesday, December 09, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - Riley Pillow Ornaments

I promise you, I am no seamstress. I seriously lack sewing skill . . . I mean, I try, and I can sew a straight line, usually, but basically, I am trying to say -- even if you suck at sewing, you too can make one of these easy pillow ornaments.

I saw these in Oct 2008 Crafts N Things magazine (Sherrie Siemans made them originally - page 111), and I adapted them to work with the stuff I wanted to use. I had these awesome Riley moose images from Hanna Stamps -- and I stamped them, but then found that even after heat setting, when I colored them with copics - they bled. (Clearly a sign that I need more black inks that won't bleed even on linen fabric). Anyway, I decided to stitch (embroider - or whatever it is actually called), the outside of the image, and THEN color it with copics, and this worked.

Would you believe I used my cuttlebug and nestabilities ovals to cut out my fabric in perfect ovals --yup, amazingly it did in fact work on fabric! Then I just zig zagged around the oval, stitched the edges, filled it up with fluff, and hand stitched it closed and then added the ribbon hanger and button. Cute and easy!!! I need to make some more of these to go on my tree with the new baby coming -- I am working on having less breakable ornaments and more baby friendly ornaments and this totally qualifies!

I will see you back here soon for some more christmas crafting tomorrow! Hope you are enjoying some snow for me since I know big storm just dumped on a lot of the US, and being here in AZ, we just got rain. *missing snow*

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

SUPER CUTE GIRLIE!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
SWOON!!!!!!

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Anonymous said...

That is darling. Thanks for linking it up to Tip Junkie. You ROCK!