Tuesday, June 01, 2010

(SSD027) and CC273

Good afternoon and happy Tuesday!  Things have been  I N S A N E  lately at my house, but I did manage to get a few minutes to play with this awesome sketch by our new sketch designer this month Teri Anderson!  She has some awesome sketches that I just know you are gonna LOVE to play with - just wait and see this month (every Tuesday as usual!)  I also incorporated the color challenge colors from Splitcoast (Barely Banana, Garden Green, Close to Cocoa).

With my card today, I wanted to play a bit with texture.  I used some woven fabric I had because I thought it worked with the cat tails/bull rushes, whatever ya wanna call 'em!  What do you think?  I also added the extra circle (which holds the sentiment) which was not in the original sketch!  Now it is your turn - GO PLAY with the sketch, and then post it in a gallery (like splitcoaststampers) and use the keywords SSD027 and I will come find it!!  Show us your fabby work -- we want to see it!!!


and the original sketch for you to play with:



Stamps:  Whispering Wings (Skipping Stones Design), Handwritten Notes (Papertrey Ink)  Paper:  Close to Cocoa (SU!), Barely Banana (SU!), Pinot Noir - Periphery (Basic Grey), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah)  Ink:  Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko) Accessories:  1 3/8 and 1 1/4 circle punches (SU!), circle nestabilities dies (Spellbinders), sewing machine (Singer), white thread (Gutermann), white brads (The Paper Studio - Hobby Lobby), copic ciao markers (Imagination International Inc.), loose woven burlap (Target - leftover from seeds packets from in the $1 shop)

1 comment:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love all the texture on this one!!