Thursday, July 29, 2010

Look What I Made - Button Trees Frame

I saw this awesome post:  http://lindseyscraftlist.blogspot.com/2009/11/button-trees.html and got inspired by it and ended up decorating some shelves for fall yesterday in my house (and yes, it is still July . . . my hubby already mocked me since I am decorating for fall in the middle of summer, but it is darn hot here and a girl can dream right???)  I put up leaf window clings in my front windows even . . . get over it!

(and yes, I do need to put pictures of my kids in those frame spots, and I will get to it eventually)

(My finished frame)

I made my button frame using a shadow box frame (I got on clearance for $3 - By Die Cuts With a View)that was pale baby blue, but I spray painted it chocolate brown, then I made my button tree (using felt) and I sewed the buttons on (using gold thread) because glue dots and gravity were not being friends.  I think it turned out pretty cute and it was so simple!  Go make one!


Today I am participating in the Show Your Stuff party at Fireflies and Jellybeans!

No comments: