Saturday, September 11, 2010

SATURDAY - Disneyland

We are SO not the DIEHARDS that we used to be.  Four kids at Disneyland is sure a workout!!  We used to be able to stay till midnight with ease, but by 9:30 pm, we were so tired (E even said "mom, lets not do anymore rides and just go back to the hotel").  We had fun though.  We lost one of my favorite hats for Baby M, but *maybe* Disney will find it and send it to us (we reported it lost to Disneyland Lost and Found).  

(Kids made a totem pole - or tried - in front of the rose garden at Disneyland Hotel)

We arrived at the park at 8 am, and got our free volunteer tickets (from the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program), and then hopped on the Disneyland Railroad and rode it to Toontown station and then visited "It's a Small World" (which was fun with all the new additions) and all the rides in Fantasyland.  We knew it would be so crowded later in the day.  It was super happy and hardly any lines at all.  The longest line was for Peter Pan and I think it was all of 15 minutes or so.

(M and the fab 4 on the Disneyland Railroad - Baby E was a little nervous)

(E and J spinning us like crazy on the teacups - all 6 of us in one cup)

(M, Daddy and J on Dumbo) 

(Mommy and Baby E on Dumbo)

(E got to go by herself this time - and was a few behind me - FUN!)

(In line for Peter Pan - M with her first visit button - 6 months old)

(My three trying to pull the sword out of the stone - no luck)

After we finished Fantasyland, we went to the bakery on Main St. and got some breakfast.  We had cinnamon rolls and E had a banana nut muffin and J had a carrot muffin.  YUM!  This is also where we somehow lost M's hat.  Ooops.   

(E meeting Mary Poppins and Burt - J was being shy)

(The Whole family with Mickey Mouse himself after we got our ears)

We decided the babies were getting tired, so we finished playing on Main St. and walked to the monorail and took that back to the hotel for nap time.  Baby E got tired on the way back and had a little tantrum/rest on the sidewalk path.

(Walking along just like so, a little grumpy, and then . . . )

(BAM -- Baby E decides he will not walk anymore and here will be a fine place for a nap)

(He liked the Mickey ears when distracted with a lovely hedge he could touch - not so much other than that)

After a nap for both of the babies and a quick swim for daddy and the two older kids, who discovered that you can't wear life vests on the 100 ft slide at the Neverland pool and were sad, we headed back to the park.  We made a quick pit stop in the lobby for an autograph book and some post cards.

(E goofs around with Goofy in the hotel lobby)

When we got back to Disneyland, we went on Matterhorn bobsleds, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Space Mountain.  Then we headed over to play in Toon Town for awhile. 

(E thought it was pretty cool that he could spin the wheel in this car)

(My two crazies escaping from jail in Toon Town)

Then finally went to New Orleans square where we ate at the French Market, and Mic and I tried our first mint juleps (weird at first but totally grew on me) and the kids enjoyed beignets (E really wanted to try these because Princess Tiana makes them).  After we ate, we finished the day by going on Pirates of the Caribbean and then visiting the Enchanted Tiki Room.  We will miss Disneyland until next time!!!

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I still can't believe you have four kids. They are soooo cute! Little mini's. :)