Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nutcracker - Ballet Arizona at the Symphony Hall

Last night I took my little ballerina E to see the Nutcracker for the first time.  

First we parked, and on the elevator down to street level, we met one of the dancers who played an angel and a soldier.  That was cool.  Then we went out to eat at Steve's Grill about a block from the Symphony Hall. It was actually really yummy and they had the skinniest fries I have ever seen.  It was cozy and relaxing.  It was raining a bit while we were in the restaurant, but when we left it was just barely misty. YAY!

In the symphony hall, we got our picture taken with a Sugar Plum fairy -- I asked E if she wanted it to be just her, but she insisted I be in the picture as well.

Then the show began.  We had great seats - row 11.  It was magical.  E sat the first half on my lap because she was leaning back and forth a lot and I wanted to make sure she could see.  Then at intermission we got her a booster so she could use her own seat.  The show went by super fast.  The music was fantastic and the ballet was beautiful!

Me and my little girlie


E fell asleep on the way home in the car, a sure sign she had a great time *smiles*

No comments: