Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Universal Islands of Adventure

I insisted that if we were going to fly all the way to Florida to go on the Weezer Cruise, we absolutely MUST also go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal.  It involved an extra flight, but I am so glad we did!  It was a fun day!  I took about a bazillion pictures, so I apologize in advance for posting a TON of them!

Mic in front of Universal Islands of Adventure

The Lost Continent - a cool statue on the walk 

 
Mic and the train conductor and probably my fave picture - Silly dorky hubby!

Hogwarts from outside (beautiful sky - would you believe it rained later?)

Inside Hogwarts - did you know that after you ride the ride (or before if you wish) you can ask to tour the castle and it takes you on a walk thru of inside so you can stop and take dorky pictures like this one?

House Points in the castle

Mic with a cool statue

Me with the pumpkin head scarecrow in line

Buckbeak . . . which I discovered is easy to get a shot of before you get on the coaster

Hogsmeade from the Flight of the Hippogriff ride

Mic and I with the Frog Choir

Inside the store "Zonkos" -- this made me smile!

Butterbeer cart where we bought our first ever butterbeers!  YUM!

  
 Butterbeer - my first experience after the first dragon challenge ride when I felt like puking

Mic being a goof in Jurassic Park land

Mic plotting out what to do post HP world . . . 

 
Hiding from another dinosaur attack and then . . . Hungry?

A couple of tough characters - Mic and Wolverine

Chilling with Captain America

Mic picking up the ladies as usual ;-)

Okay, strike what I said before, this is my favorite picture . . . I was still feeling like I might puke, so we stopped in this store and Mic read Yertle the Turtle to me while I recovered and the meds I took kicked in.  It was a really sweet and thoughtful thing.

   
I loved these shirts -- we *almost* bought them plus the Thing 1, 2, 3, and 4 shirts for our kids.
  
 Mic eating lunch/dinner at Three Broomsticks (with Hogwarts in the background) 

 
Riding the Caro-Seuss-sel while it was raining . . . no lines because everyone was hiding out. 
 
Me and the Hogwarts Express

Mic took this pic of me, after we took one of him and he hit his head on the roof of it . . . ouch!

In front of the Billabong Store at Universal City Walk on our way back to our car . . . a fun day!

No comments: