Sunday, May 13, 2012

San Francisco Mom-cation {Sunday}

Sunday I woke up and the plan was to be able to see Ghirardelli Square, Lombard Street and the Golden Gate Bridge before my flight.  

There was always a line up super long to ride the cable cars . . . but I did enjoy watching them turn it in the roundhouse at the end.  Very neat!




Ghirardelli Square




Quickie walk through of the process of making chocolate.  This part was a let down to me because I have been to the Hershey factory in Hershey, PA, and they have a whole ride and it is LONG!  This took me about 3-4 minutes total to walk by and I was walking SLOWLY!






I started to walk up the street/hill toward Lombard St.  Thank goodness for GPS and how it made it easy for me to find places.  As I was walking I saw Alcatraz Island and thought it looked cool from where I was.

View of the city and the crazy streets uphill

 
Lombard Street -- the crookedest road


I saw these cool flowers on the way back down toward the harbor (My friend told me they are called Bottlebrush -- which I think is the perfect name)


So I get in a cab, ask the driver to take me to the Golden Gate Bridge and she starts driving me away from the Golden Gate Bridge, so I wait a minute or two thinking maybe she has a quicker plan in mind, and she is driving me away still, so I tell her to pull over and I get out and she has taken me to Chinatown.  Ugh!  Fortunately, I was close to a bus stop and rode that back to close to where I started and then found other buses headed where I wanted to go.  Stupid cab driver.  It would have been so much faster if she wasn't a jerk face!  It was cool to see some of Chinatown though!

 


After an eventful morning, I finally make it to the Golden Gate Bridge!  
It wasn't even all that foggy yet either!  I got lucky!  









When I booked, the way they had cheap flights was that I had a 12 hour layover scheduled in Los Angeles.  I figured that would be okay though, since I have an annual pass to Disneyland, I would just rent a car and drive over and play for a couple hours.  So that is exactly what I did, but since I finished up in San Francisco a bit early, I asked the booking agent if they had an earlier flight in to Los Angeles, and they did, so I got there an hour earlier!  It was a fun way to end my mommy time, riding single rider at Disneyland!

No comments: