Saturday, August 04, 2012

Back to School A La Mode - An Apple for Teacher


Well, wouldn't you know it, my stamps came a day earlier than expected (yesterday), which was a great surprise because I SO wanted to create some First Day of School teacher gifts . . . because teachers have a hard job . . . maybe even harder than moms sometimes.  

SO, I decided this year to try to make monthly teacher gifts for my kids teachers to help them feel appreciated!  We will see if I am able to keep up with that plan . . . 

Here are the little chocolate boxes I made for Monday.  I used scraps from my drawers.  The little boxes I found at Target dollar spot today while I was there shopping with the fab 4 (which not even joking is SO CRAZY).  Really, I am lucky I survived.  I seriously despise shopping with kids, everyone always looks at me like I am a freak show, and if I am completely honest, I kind of am . . . haha!  We managed to get all the critical school supplies though, so except for back packs, we are set.  I will work on finding some of those this weekend . . . any ideas on where to look?  I am thinking Pottery Barn Kids maybe . . . our Target was out of stock of most of the cute ones already . . . hmmmm

Total cost of the project was like $4 . . . pretty good!


Stamps:  An Apple For Teacher - A La Modes (My Favorite Things)  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)  Accessories:  Green Buttons (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate brown bakers twine (We R Memory Keepers), Dienamics Sentiment Strips (My Favorite Things), Nestabilities Circles (Spellbinders), Copic Ciao markers, Green stitched ribbon (Ribbon FX - Hobby Lobby)

No comments: