Friday, August 03, 2012

MFT - Guest Designer Contest

About a year ago I purchased some cute stamps from My Favorite Things.  They are the Pure Innocence Collection and I fell in love with them....but then they got here and I had no time to stamp, things were crazy as usual.  That happens when you have two babies I suppose . . . 

Well, the other day, I made space in my office, post move (because it had become the storage room if you will) and I got stamping!  I really needed the "me time."  I have been feeling so super stressed out lately with the move and then E (3 y/o) having seizures, traveling, etc.  It was and always will be the cheapest form of therapy for me.  Well, kind of, sort of . . . you know how it goes when shopping for stamping stuff, but really, even a cheap therapist is like mucho $$$, so yeah . . .  

Incidentally, after stamping for a bit, I went online and did a little retail therapy and bought a few more Pure Innocence stamps as well as some other ones from My Favorite Things.  I think they should be arriving tomorrow!  YAY!  Yep, I am addicted again . . . 

Making cards sure beats stress eating, so I made these two cards.  One is square like the sketch and the other is the A2 version with a couple of modifications.  Which do you prefer?

Stamps:  Li'l Pumpkin - Pure Innocence (My Favorite Things)  Paper:  Polka Dot Parade (Papertrey Ink), Core'dinations, Barely Banana (SU!), Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah), Fancy Papers (Orange) - Stamp Its! (D.G.I, LLC)  Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)  Accessories:  Ripe Avocado Top Notch Twill (Papertrey Ink), Nestabilities - Labels 1 (Spellbinders), Spare Parts Tiny Round Brads (The Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby), Assorted paper flowers (Prima), sewing machine (Singer), white thread.


No comments: